"Lord God, You write the story!"
These were the words of my heart last night as the family gathered to stand with my 13 year old son to find healing for his dog.
The evening before my son had told us that the dog had been vomiting a few times.
Then all of the next day, she had the runs and the pukes, wouldn't eat, and was super exhausted. I had spent some time looking up symptoms and causes, talking openly with the family about the ideas and potential issues. My son did not handle that well and was immediately thrown into fear of the worst case scenario.
My husband and I called our son over to sit with us. We gave him a hug and to help walk him through it all.
Our son confessed that he was full of fear. I asked him to be very specific about what he was afraid of. He told us. When I asked him if God had said those things, he immediately responded with "No!"
"Well, let's find out what God is saying then!"
Then we prayed, asking God to show us what He was saying, what--if anything--He would have us do for the dog. One of the boys spoke: "She will be ok."
The 13-year-old agreed. Then I began to press him to speak what he was hearing from God.
"She will not die!" he said passionately.
We went to check the dog’s temperature.
Normal!
Praise God!
We then made a special concoction of rice and bone broth and charcoal to help ease her tummy. She did not want to eat it, so we left it available and went to bed.
"God, you write my son's story!! You are the Author; You will finish what you started! God, You write the stories of this boy’s life!"
This played over and over from my mother heart.
I also asked God: is there more I need to do?
All I heard was peace so I went to sleep. Around 2am I awoke and went to check on the dog.
Same, no change. But peace reigned in my heart!
"It will be ok," I spoke to the dog, and went back to bed.
In the morning, it was like a miracle had occurred!!!
The dog had eaten her special bowl of food, she was perky and ran around all happy!!!!
And has continued so all day!
God is writing our story!!! We continue to allow Him to do it! 💕💕💕
No comments:
Post a Comment